Executive Director, Cal Western Circulation Managers Association (CWCMA)
CWCMA is an organization comprised of media company executives and vendors, in six western states (California, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah). The organization hosts an annual conference in June, with member webinars, newsletters, and other communication throughout the year. An excerpt from the By-Laws states: The object of the Association shall be the mutual enlightenment of members and the furtherance of the best interests of the circulation departments of the newspapers with which they are connected.
The Board of Directors for CWCMA is seeking to fill the position of Executive Director (ED). ED will be an independent contractor. We're seeking an individual that can help transition our 100 year old
organization from a print to digital future.
Compensation is negotiable based on the candidate’s background and experience. This is part time contract work, with seasonal spikes in activity. ED will be expected to attended annual conference and
other events. Travel expenditures will be reimbursed. ED is responsible for all income taxes.
Application Deadline and Filing Instructions:
The deadline to apply for the Executive Director Position is March 15, 2019. Please send letter of interest along with resume to Maria Ravera, CWCMA President Elect, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duties of the Executive Director include, but are limited to, the following:
- Respond to all inquiries from members or third parties;
- Maintain CWCMA Website
- Fiduciary responsibility for and custodian of the funds of the Association.
- Produce the annual Buyer’s Guide & Conference Program
- Coordinate with chairperson of sectionals and seminars for promotion, advertising, collection of fees, and payment of expenses
- Assist the Board in solicitation of new members as new people are hired at newspapers in the five Western states
- Assist Executive Committee and the Board of Directors with their responsibilities
- Assist all who are involved to prepare for the Annual Sales Conference
- Work with the sectional chairpersons to produce events
Submit a Job Posting
Looking to hire? Post your job opening here on our careers web page.
BECOME A MEMBER
Your membership goes to support CWCMA, a nonprofit organization committed to continuing education and sharing of ideas. Members get preferred rates at all CWCMA sponsored events, the opportunity to network, learn revenue-generating strategies, and stay in the forefront of ongoing digital engagement. The CWCMA Executive Board of Directors and Board Members look forward to your participation and support in advancing our audience development program.
Connect. Learn. Drive Change.